What does it take to order a truck. There are a few simple things that need to be done before I can start building.
- Contact me so we can talk about the truck that you would like built.
- Pictures, a whole bunch of photos. I will email you a list of what photos are needed. The better the pictures are, the quicker we can move to the next step. I have a knowledge base on what fire trucks look like and what goes where. but since each truck is custom made from the factory, there are always differences. I can guess what it is, I am only human and do make mistakes.
- Next, I make a build list. This rememinds me what will be the parts that make up the truck. Engines can have a list of upto 250 items and Aerials around 600. This is where the pictures help out.
- Time to wait, depending on the list this could be sometime. Be patience, I promise it will be worth the wait.
- I have to draw the truck. Many of the current builders post drawings on thier web-sites, I have contacts that can help find a truck that might look similar. Or the old fashion way and make alot of measurements.
- I start builidng the truck. I take pictures as it is being built and will send them to you. This way you can track the progress of the build.
- The project is done and it gets shipped out.